Friday, July 13, 2012

Yours AND Mine

This POEM my grandma passed down to my DAD and it has just been sitting on our counter. Today I picked it up and decided to read it, and it is such a tender reminder for the PAST, the PRESENT and the FUTURE of the LOVE that Heavenly Father has for us.

The Lord looked down to earth one day and saw a couple there.
He said, "Now those two people
Make a lovely pair.
I have some spirits here with me
I think that I shall bless these folk
With a precious Spirit's birth

This baby, though, is just a loan,
These are the terms, my dears;
He may live there just sixty years.
I hope you'll treat my spirit kindly
While he's down on earth with you,
For when he comes back here to me
He has a special job to do.

He'll bring you jog and heartache,
He'll cause much strife and care.
And he'll bring into your lives, my dears,
Love that you can share.
But, remember he's my spirit,
And he's just been loaned down there.
He has a job to do up here,
So help him to prepare.

And now I've called my spirit back.
The job you did was find.
The spirit that belonged to m,
Is now both yours and mind.
I knew that when I called him back
It would cause you bitter tears,
But you're sharing in his glory,
And the profit of his years.

I only sent him as a loan,
To make your home more bright,
So you could teach him right from wrong,
And tuck him in a night.
My load is paying dividends,
I want you both to know.
I'm glad I loaned that spirit
To you two down below."

-Lerwin G. Fairbanks

No comments:

Post a Comment