Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Great and Spacious Building... caught on fire?

So I have learned that every housing complex has a nickname.. Tuscany is known as "Tuskanky" and The Ivy is known as "The Great and Spacious Building" which is actually quite fitting! (Every complex has a name but those are my favorite :P) It is like living in a hotel... seriously. If it had a pool and room keys it really would be a really nice hotel. If you don't believe me.. check this website out- http://www.theivyapartments.com/ It's SUPER nice. Well last night we all snuggled down into our beds and drifted off to dreamland, it was a very peaceful night, there was not a peep to be heard... UNTIL at 2 o'clock am there was a loud "rrrreeeaaahhh rrreeeaaahhh rrrreeeaaahhh!!!" and a bright light that made me feel like I was at a rave or something came flashing on. As I came out of my room, my roomates were doing the same, we grunted and complained out of are apartment, down the hall and into the stairwell where we followed the other girls outside into the parking lot. We all shivered and huddled around together until the awful noise stopped and we ran back inside. We sat on Kylie's bed and joked and laughed as we watched the fire truck, police car, and ambulance pull into the parking lot. Soon it was time for us to find our way back to our own beds and go back to sleep, which we did so gratefully. As soon as I was completely back to sleep all the sudden I hear.. RRREEEAAAHHH RRREEEAAHHH RRREEEAAAAHHHH!!! and my heart jumps out of my chest and I hear one of my roomates "AAAAHHHH ARE YOU FER REAL!!!.....SCREW IT! I'M STAYIN' HERE!" And she did.. which I wish I would of because today as the rest of us are dealing with the after-effects, she is doing wonderful! So if you think twice is bad... get this.. it happened two more times! Umm ya... you read that right... Two freaking more times! once more at 4:30 and then again at 8 but those last two times I just stayed in bed.. I figured if it was my time to go, then it was my time to go why fight it right? Well that was my adventure of my first day of the semester. Good news is- won't ever forget it :) WHAT AN ADVENTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment